OK--LA--HOMA~ OKLAHOMA! is cast and on its way!!
Another classic is happening for our spring musical in May. Set in the early days of settlement in the Midwest, Oklahoma! features great music and story line. Rodgers & Hammerstein's first collaboration, it remains, in many ways, their most innovative, having set the standards and established the rules of musical theatre still being followed today. Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story. Although the road to true love never runs smooth, with these two headstrong romantics holding the reins, love's journey is as bumpy as a surrey ride down a country road. That they will succeed in making a new life together we have no doubt, and that this new life will begin in a brand-new state provides the ultimate climax to the triumphant OKLAHOMA! Auditions will be in February with tickets available in March for our production the 2nd and 3rd weekends in May.
TECH CREW SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE!
ACTORS REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: CLICK HERE!
CAN YOU HELP ZCSTC OUT? SEE THE LIST BELOW!
Things we'd like to borrow: (Play is set in 1910)
- Chaps (work or fancy, any color)
- Older looking western belts and buckles
- Butter churn- crank, barrel or sterotypical style
- Free standing pot belly/ warming stove, doesn't need to be too big, must be lighter weight
- Cattle yoke- will be non-permanently mounted to a set piece
- Cattle skull or horns
- Lightweight smallish barrels
Things we'd love to have donated:
- Bamboo poles or old tiki torch poles (for making fake corn)
- Green floral wrap/tape
- Old 'barn wood' or boards for board and batten siding. We need to cover about 120 square feet
- Wooden shingles, for the side of a house, not a roof. We'll need 100 Sq feet of coverage all together.
- Narrow lap siding. It can be in 'ugly shape'. Need enough for about 100 Sq ft coverage.
- Scallop cut siding for a gable
- A jig saw
- Corded drills
- 6 or 8 wooden square(ish) fence posts 3-4 ft long – preferably aged/used
- 6 or 8 wood fence boards/rails, for the kind of fence you'd have around a cattle pen, again preferablyaged/used
Cat tails (green cut)
Small trees cut- birch, poplar, cottonwood, something like that. Some scrubby little tree that'd be growing on the edge of a farm pond. We need the whole thing(s), no more than 8-10 ft high and maybe 6 ft wide. We'll build it a plywood base to keep it upright. Maybe with two smaller trees to make a grove.
If you are lending an item to us, please clearly label it on the bottom/back with your name and phone number so we can make sure to get it back to you.
The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends! Time for a barnraisin'!
The Following is a PLAYLIST OF OKLAHOMA VIDEOS!!!!!
HERE IS A GOOD HIGH SCHOOL VERSION PLAYLIST. THE UPPER LEFT CORNER HAS A DROP DOWN LIST SO YOU CAN SEE THE VARIOUS SECTIONS AND SONGS